Public Safety Critical Incident Debrief
Public Safety Professionals contribute such value to our communities across the nation. They encounter work that is both rewarding and stressful. Responding to tragedies can cause significant psychological, physiological, and other unfamiliar symptoms. At ProTeam Wellness, we offer “Critical Incident Debrief” sessions to Public Safety Professionals who have experienced a work-related event that has caused them significant distress.
Critical Incident Debrief sessions are utilized in the aftermath of a traumatic event. If a Public Safety Professional has developed strong reactions from the event, they have the opportunity to lower their disturbing reactions by scheduling a time to meet with one of our ProTeam Wellness Clinicians.
How to Get Started
1. Each department should identify which situations are considered critical incidents and file a FROI claim with your worker's compensation carrier.
2. Contact ProTeam Wellness at (463) 273-2093 to schedule a session.
What to Expect
After the Public Safety Professional has scheduled their session, they will come into our office and privately debrief with a Clinician. The debriefing may include, but is not limited to:
- Discussions of confidentiality
- Space to process the critical event which may be facilitated by questions posed by the Clinician
- Suggested coping skills, guidance, and possible handouts distributed by Clinician
- Collaborative communication about furthering services based on the client’s needs and goals